I hope the farmer (Mr Russo) gets acquitted. If the facts are correct, Mr Calandro deserved to get shot in the face.
Mutual friend Vince Vigliaturo told the court it “looked like (Mr Calandro) had splattered blood on his face.”
What does that even mean? That statement is completely out of context in the article. Was the blood splattered on Mr Calandro’s face the dog’s? His own?
Here’s the timeline according to the article:
- Mr Vigliaturo (a mutual friend) and Mr Calandro had arranged to go to Mr Russo’s farm in Tatura to pick up chillies.
- As Mr Calandro was driving out of Mr Russo’s property, he swerved towards Russo’s dog Harry, which was barking and running alongside his vehicle. “David sort of swerved, and swerved away from the dog quickly,” Mr Vigliaturo said.
- Calandro ran the dog over. He said “oops” then looked in the rear-view mirror and shrugged it off. It was obvious that the dog was injured.
- Calandro and Vigliaturo went home.
- Russo called Vigliaturo 10 minutes after Vigliaturo and Calandro left Russo’s farm.
- Russo shot and killed Calandro.
I have some questions.
There are some details that have been left out so I have to fill in the cracks myself. Who told Calandro that Russo wanted to talk to him? Why did Calandro return to Russo’s farm? Why did he bring his kids with him?
When all’s said and done…
Calandro deserved it. He deliberately ran over a man’s dog while he was on that man’s property and then drove off.
But Australia is populated by a bunch of spineless cunts. At least, that’s the impression I get from their judicial branch. I expect that Russo will be sentenced to jail time and a crippling fine.
Such a shame.